RNLI hits back at Farage

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:48 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:"Flooded" is an unfortunate choice of word not to mention hyperbolic. I seem to remember "swarms" being a favoured word by you Brexity lot when lying to the country about "80 million Turks invading" if Britain stayed in the EU because "Turkey IS joining the EU". That was a wicked outright lie designed for no other purpose than fan the flame of Islamophobia.

"Chancers" is another term I read on forums regularly used by right wingers who dislike anyone with a brown skin. Not all migrants want to come to UK. We are not nearly as important as you like to think. Germany has taken by far the highest proportion per capita of immigrants, some have made Denmark, or Sweden their home. Alan Kurdi, the little 3 yr old Syrian boy who drowned on the beach in Turkey along with his elder brother, their family were hoping to get to Canada where they had relatives.

The movement of migrants broadly began with the Syrian Civil War in 2011, exacerbated over time by refugees from Afghanistan, Iraq, Eritrea and Sudan. Since 2011 there has been one coalition govt (with a Conservative majority), and three Conservative governments in UK.

How on earth could all those migrants have been allowed to enter, and who on earth failed to send them back?

Couldn't possibly be because on examination many had justifiable claims for asylum/refugee status, could it?



The only logical alternative to that would appear to be either a gross dereliction of duty by all those Conservative administrations, or that they really wanted the migrants as cheap labour. Who/what else could be the explanation? Go figure.


It was estimated a few years ago that there were between 800,000 and 1.2 million illegals here - I would say that was quite a lot and that the term 'flooded' is appropriate.

Re - the BiB - we are talking specifically about the RNLI picking up migrants in the Channel - you should know as you started the thread.

'Chancer' applies to anyone you damn fool, and isn't associated with 'right wingers who dislike people with brown skin' - you are making this shit up as you go along.

That figure is put out by the Pew Research Center, a US 'think tank'. Our own studies from reputable sources within the country such as the HO put it much lower between 4 - 800,000.

The RNLI are doing what the RNLI do - save people at sea. Thank God it's one thing this government hasn't managed to get it's grubby thieving claws on.
User avatar
Grafenwalder
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
What will happen to the people who were taken off that dinghy, for example? I don't know the details but it seems that a lot of people who claim asylum get to stay whether they're genuine or not. Patel has had signs put up saying that people crossing the channel will be sent back, but does that actually happen? It's just all too vague, which is why a lot of people will chance it and cross the channel - IMO. It all needs to be clearer and it needs to be consistent.

I don't have any evidence of anyone not genuine getting asylum.

It's a pity you hadn't watched the recent screening "Sitting in Limbo" about Anthony Bryan.
User avatar
Grafenwalder
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
What will happen to the people who were taken off that dinghy, for example? I don't know the details but it seems that a lot of people who claim asylum get to stay whether they're genuine or not. Patel has had signs put up saying that people crossing the channel will be sent back, but does that actually happen? It's just all too vague, which is why a lot of people will chance it and cross the channel - IMO. It all needs to be clearer and it needs to be consistent.

I don't have any evidence of anyone not genuine getting asylum.

It's a pity you hadn't watched the recent screening "Sitting in Limbo" about Anthony Bryan.


That's not what I said. People who fail to get asylum don't necessarily leave.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 39849
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
What will happen to the people who were taken off that dinghy, for example? I don't know the details but it seems that a lot of people who claim asylum get to stay whether they're genuine or not. Patel has had signs put up saying that people crossing the channel will be sent back, but does that actually happen? It's just all too vague, which is why a lot of people will chance it and cross the channel - IMO. It all needs to be clearer and it needs to be consistent.

I don't have any evidence of anyone not genuine getting asylum.

It's a pity you hadn't watched the recent screening "Sitting in Limbo" about Anthony Bryan.


That's not what I said. People who fail to get asylum don't necessarily leave.


Yes they do, they're not left in the woods to live off of nature they're sent back to their country of origin and executed for perhaps the crime there of homosexuality. Would you send a gay Iranian back to be hanged from a crane when it was the reason he left there?
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 109845
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Waiting for the great leap forwards

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
What will happen to the people who were taken off that dinghy, for example? I don't know the details but it seems that a lot of people who claim asylum get to stay whether they're genuine or not. Patel has had signs put up saying that people crossing the channel will be sent back, but does that actually happen? It's just all too vague, which is why a lot of people will chance it and cross the channel - IMO. It all needs to be clearer and it needs to be consistent.

I don't have any evidence of anyone not genuine getting asylum.

It's a pity you hadn't watched the recent screening "Sitting in Limbo" about Anthony Bryan.


That's not what I said. People who fail to get asylum don't necessarily leave.


Yes they do, they're not left in the woods to live off of nature they're sent back to their country of origin and executed for perhaps the crime there of homosexuality. Would you send a gay Iranian back to be hanged from a crane when it was the reason he left there?


That Iranian would probably get asylum anyway.

Some of them disappear and can't be found. Do all asylum seekers stay in detention centres, including those who are appealing? If not, then they can disappear quite easily. How long does it take for someone to be deported anyway?
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 39849
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
That Iranian would probably get asylum anyway.

Some of them disappear and can't be found. Do all asylum seekers stay in detention centres, including those who are appealing? If not, then they can disappear quite easily. How long does it take for someone to be deported anyway?


I don't know. I do know that people have been executed, tortured or imprisoned, often all three for crimes that are not crimes here. Sent back to die.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 109845
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Waiting for the great leap forwards

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
That Iranian would probably get asylum anyway.

Some of them disappear and can't be found. Do all asylum seekers stay in detention centres, including those who are appealing? If not, then they can disappear quite easily. How long does it take for someone to be deported anyway?


I don't know. I do know that people have been executed, tortured or imprisoned, often all three for crimes that are not crimes here. Sent back to die.


That's not the issue I was discussing though.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 39849
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
Yes they do, they're not left in the woods to live off of nature they're sent back to their country of origin and executed for perhaps the crime there of homosexuality. Would you send a gay Iranian back to be hanged from a crane when it was the reason he left there?


What percentage of the 1 million or so illegals here would you say are homosexual Iranians dodging being hung from a crane?

Give a ballpark figure.
User avatar
Red Okktober
 
Posts: 5441
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:00 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Yes they do, they're not left in the woods to live off of nature they're sent back to their country of origin and executed for perhaps the crime there of homosexuality. Would you send a gay Iranian back to be hanged from a crane when it was the reason he left there?


What percentage of the 1 million or so illegals here would you say are homosexual Iranians dodging being hung from a crane?

Give a ballpark figure.

If it's one person then it's a life that has been saved.

Do you think it's less than one person?
User avatar
Cactus Jack
 
Posts: 18931
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Round yer somewhere

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:12 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Yes they do, they're not left in the woods to live off of nature they're sent back to their country of origin and executed for perhaps the crime there of homosexuality. Would you send a gay Iranian back to be hanged from a crane when it was the reason he left there?


What percentage of the 1 million or so illegals here would you say are homosexual Iranians dodging being hung from a crane?

Give a ballpark figure.


As soon as you cite a creditable source for your figure of one million, we are talking about asylum seekers not the Chinese and Indian people that are regularly turfed out of family run takeaways by Border Force/Immigration Enforcement. We take around 6% of the refugees entering the entire continent of Europe because we're just not that popular, the deluded twats who want to come here usually have family ties, fluent with English as a second language or other personal reasons.

Dr Özlem Türeci and Dr Uğur Şahin don't sound like traditional German names but they developed the much vaunted Pfizer vaccine, would you pop their dingy or defund the RNLI to stop them entering this overcrowded island that has more space for golf courses than buildings? The RNLI remains a charity for the simple reason that they are there to save lives, that would stop if they were controlled by the government/private sector.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/busi ... ccine.html

I'll give you a ballpark figure, one is too many you fucking ghoul.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 109845
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Waiting for the great leap forwards

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
As soon as you cite a creditable source for your figure of one million, we are talking about asylum seekers not the Chinese and Indian people that are regularly turfed out of family run takeaways by Border Force/Immigration Enforcement. We take around 6% of the refugees entering the entire continent of Europe because we're just not that popular, the deluded twats who want to come here usually have family ties, fluent with English as a second language or other personal reasons.

Dr Özlem Türeci and Dr Uğur Şahin don't sound like traditional German names but they developed the much vaunted Pfizer vaccine, would you pop their dingy or defund the RNLI to stop them entering this overcrowded island that has more space for golf courses than buildings? The RNLI remains a charity for the simple reason that they are there to save lives, that would stop if they were controlled by the government/private sector.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/busi ... ccine.html

I'll give you a ballpark figure, one is too many you fucking ghoul.


Figures for illegals can only ever be estimated due to the nature of them being here illegally and therefore undocumented. Here is the estimation I mentioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50420307

Wtf have those 2 vaccine docs got to do with anything? You may just as well have randomly introduced George Best or Pavarotti into the conversation.
User avatar
Red Okktober
 
Posts: 5441
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:42 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
As soon as you cite a creditable source for your figure of one million, we are talking about asylum seekers not the Chinese and Indian people that are regularly turfed out of family run takeaways by Border Force/Immigration Enforcement. We take around 6% of the refugees entering the entire continent of Europe because we're just not that popular, the deluded twats who want to come here usually have family ties, fluent with English as a second language or other personal reasons.

Dr Özlem Türeci and Dr Uğur Şahin don't sound like traditional German names but they developed the much vaunted Pfizer vaccine, would you pop their dingy or defund the RNLI to stop them entering this overcrowded island that has more space for golf courses than buildings? The RNLI remains a charity for the simple reason that they are there to save lives, that would stop if they were controlled by the government/private sector.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/busi ... ccine.html

I'll give you a ballpark figure, one is too many you fucking ghoul.


Figures for illegals can only ever be estimated due to the nature of them being here illegally and therefore undocumented. Here is the estimation I mentioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50420307

Wtf have those 2 vaccine docs got to do with anything? You may just as well have randomly introduced George Best or Pavarotti into the conversation.


Asylum seekers, immigrants are people like lorry drivers. warehouse workers and crop pickers you gammon arse, people that we need but pricks like you didn't think that we would.

Fucking melt.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 109845
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Waiting for the great leap forwards

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
As soon as you cite a creditable source for your figure of one million, we are talking about asylum seekers not the Chinese and Indian people that are regularly turfed out of family run takeaways by Border Force/Immigration Enforcement. We take around 6% of the refugees entering the entire continent of Europe because we're just not that popular, the deluded twats who want to come here usually have family ties, fluent with English as a second language or other personal reasons.

Dr Özlem Türeci and Dr Uğur Şahin don't sound like traditional German names but they developed the much vaunted Pfizer vaccine, would you pop their dingy or defund the RNLI to stop them entering this overcrowded island that has more space for golf courses than buildings? The RNLI remains a charity for the simple reason that they are there to save lives, that would stop if they were controlled by the government/private sector.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/busi ... ccine.html

I'll give you a ballpark figure, one is too many you fucking ghoul.


Figures for illegals can only ever be estimated due to the nature of them being here illegally and therefore undocumented. Here is the estimation I mentioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50420307

Wtf have those 2 vaccine docs got to do with anything? You may just as well have randomly introduced George Best or Pavarotti into the conversation.


Asylum seekers, immigrants are people like lorry drivers. warehouse workers and crop pickers you gammon arse, people that we need but pricks like you didn't think that we would.

Fucking melt.


The latter are here legally, so they have nothing to do with it. Stop introducing irrelevant points.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 39849
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
As soon as you cite a creditable source for your figure of one million, we are talking about asylum seekers not the Chinese and Indian people that are regularly turfed out of family run takeaways by Border Force/Immigration Enforcement. We take around 6% of the refugees entering the entire continent of Europe because we're just not that popular, the deluded twats who want to come here usually have family ties, fluent with English as a second language or other personal reasons.

Dr Özlem Türeci and Dr Uğur Şahin don't sound like traditional German names but they developed the much vaunted Pfizer vaccine, would you pop their dingy or defund the RNLI to stop them entering this overcrowded island that has more space for golf courses than buildings? The RNLI remains a charity for the simple reason that they are there to save lives, that would stop if they were controlled by the government/private sector.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/busi ... ccine.html

I'll give you a ballpark figure, one is too many you fucking ghoul.


Figures for illegals can only ever be estimated due to the nature of them being here illegally and therefore undocumented. Here is the estimation I mentioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50420307

Wtf have those 2 vaccine docs got to do with anything? You may just as well have randomly introduced George Best or Pavarotti into the conversation.


Asylum seekers, immigrants are people like lorry drivers. warehouse workers and crop pickers you gammon arse, people that we need but pricks like you didn't think that we would.

Fucking melt.


The latter are here legally, so they have nothing to do with it. Stop introducing irrelevant points.


It's totally relevant. Asylum seekers and immigrants are different groups of people. We don't have enough immigrants and our supply chain and agriculture sectors are suffering because of it, basic sums.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 109845
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Waiting for the great leap forwards

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
As soon as you cite a creditable source for your figure of one million, we are talking about asylum seekers not the Chinese and Indian people that are regularly turfed out of family run takeaways by Border Force/Immigration Enforcement. We take around 6% of the refugees entering the entire continent of Europe because we're just not that popular, the deluded twats who want to come here usually have family ties, fluent with English as a second language or other personal reasons.

Dr Özlem Türeci and Dr Uğur Şahin don't sound like traditional German names but they developed the much vaunted Pfizer vaccine, would you pop their dingy or defund the RNLI to stop them entering this overcrowded island that has more space for golf courses than buildings? The RNLI remains a charity for the simple reason that they are there to save lives, that would stop if they were controlled by the government/private sector.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/busi ... ccine.html

I'll give you a ballpark figure, one is too many you fucking ghoul.


Figures for illegals can only ever be estimated due to the nature of them being here illegally and therefore undocumented. Here is the estimation I mentioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50420307

Wtf have those 2 vaccine docs got to do with anything? You may just as well have randomly introduced George Best or Pavarotti into the conversation.


Asylum seekers, immigrants are people like lorry drivers. warehouse workers and crop pickers you gammon arse, people that we need but pricks like you didn't think that we would.

Fucking melt.


The latter are here legally, so they have nothing to do with it. Stop introducing irrelevant points.


It's totally relevant. Asylum seekers and immigrants are different groups of people. We don't have enough immigrants and our supply chain and agriculture sectors are suffering because of it, basic sums.


The article was about those who are here illegally. You've introduced quite enough red herrings now, what with the gay Iranian, the developers of a vaccine, warehouse workers, and crop pickers. Try to stick to the point at least.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 39849
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests