Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 3

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 3

Postby common sense » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Two new CD's that I'll be purchasing before Christmas. Ed Sheeran's new album Equals on 29th Nov then Abba's Voyage on 5th Nov. Rarely buy them now.

Only Ed and Adele can really still shift CD's in big numbers still now. Ed did 500k on his first week with Divide and Adele's 25 did over 800k. Will be interesting to see how many Abba can shift.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:39 pm

common sense wrote:
Gabby wrote:
common sense wrote:I have a real problem. I think Henry's possessed. He keeps talking to me and now refuses to hoover. I just kicked him and feel so bad.... :bawlin:

What does he say? :thud:

He calls me a "fat ugly lazy four-eyed bastard" and says he's on strike until I buy him a sex buddy, a Henrietta. :yikes:

Sounds like the last episode of Nightingales...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Stooo wrote:

I rang Numatic, the makers, and asked for advice and the rude lass burst out laughing and put the phone down on me. :shoot: Have emailed now instead.

The female one is Hetty now.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:51 pm

common sense wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I rang, Numatic, the makers, and asked for advice and the rude lass burst out laughing and put the phone down on me. :shoot: Have emailed now instead.

It's just up the road in Chard, a good British brand.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:52 pm

Stooo wrote:
common sense wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I rang, Numatic, the makers, and asked for advice and the rude lass burst out laughing and put the phone down on me. :shoot: Have emailed now instead.

They're great hoovers. Last many years. Bit heavy to lug upstairs but good and sell loads. Workmen like them too.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:58 pm

common sense wrote:
Stooo wrote:
common sense wrote:
Stooo wrote:

They're great hoovers. Last many years. Bit heavy to lug upstairs but good and sell loads. Workmen like them too.

Had them back in the pub days and didn't leave the 'Wetherspoon Sheen' on my carpets :snooty:

We got the first generation of Dysons and they were frankly shit but it all went into facilities management or contract cleaning by the time I buggerd off.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:21 pm

Do you think the name Henry is copyright? Can't see a little C anywhere. have just emailed this to Numatic. First chapter done and it's hilarious. I could be a millionaire yet.

Hi. Am thinking of writing some children's books about a Henry that comes to life, talks and pesters his owner to buy him a friend. A Hetty. Is the name Henry copyright? I don't see a small c anywhere. If my book is successful it may boosts sales. "mum can we get a Henry too" May get kids to do the hoovering too.
common sense

Postby .SF. » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:25 pm

common sense wrote:Can't see a little C anywhere.

I can.
.SF.

Postby common sense » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:29 pm

I don't think the name is copyrighted but the round design, eyes etc is. They could licence the name to me for my books for a fee. Doubt I could use Henry pics in my book. Planned on it being illustrated for small kids.
common sense

Postby LordRaven » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:25 pm

common sense wrote:I don't think the name is copyrighted but the round design, eyes etc is. They could licence the name to me for my books for a fee. Doubt I could use Henry pics in my book. Planned on it being illustrated for small kids.

Reading back, I have to tell you that your entire story sucks.
LordRaven

Postby common sense » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:56 am

Had my diabetic eye test yesterday. Waited 20 min. for a bus in the pouring rain at 9am only to be told they weren't running as the petrol station queue stopped them getting through. It's awful when cars and buses can't get along a road because of these mile-long queues. Can't they pull in right to the kerb?
common sense

Postby drum » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:07 am

common sense wrote:Had my diabetic eye test yesterday. Waited 20 min. for a bus in the pouring rain at 9am only to be told they weren't running as the petrol station queue stopped them getting through. It's awful when cars and buses can't get along a road because of these mile-long queues. Can't they pull in right to the kerb?

That should all be calming down now, how did you get on with your eye test?
drum

Postby common sense » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:13 am

drum wrote:
common sense wrote:Had my diabetic eye test yesterday. Waited 20 min. for a bus in the pouring rain at 9am only to be told they weren't running as the petrol station queue stopped them getting through. It's awful when cars and buses can't get along a road because of these mile-long queues. Can't they pull in right to the kerb?

They let you know in 2-3 weeks. Should be annually but didn't have one last year. Never sent for me.
common sense

Postby drum » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:22 am

common sense wrote:
drum wrote:

They let you know in 2-3 weeks. Should be annually but didn't have one last year. Never sent for me.

Covid and lockdowns, millions got missed last year for various health issues. It's done now, I hope it comes back ok for you. :thumbsup:
drum

Postby common sense » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:02 am

drum wrote:
Covid and lockdowns, millions got missed last year for various health issues. It's done now, I hope it comes back ok for you. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Usually does.
common sense

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms