Can't sleep.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Can't sleep.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:55 am

I'm knackered but no sleep.
I keep having a very itchy nose right on the tip and it happens quite often along with a little guy walking across my face.
As many of you will know I have benign tumours on my spinal cord that give me pain one day loss of feeling the next.
They have spread to my brain and I have six brain tumours the largest being about the size of my little finger nail.
The little guy walking across my face.
I was told to expect sensations of little things crawling across my face usually when laying down trying to sleep.
A spider or three.
A centipede an earwig.
Not looking forward to that I thinks but what do I get a two footed creature.
Walks from my right ear across my cheek bone to my nose and then back again.
Gotta be better than spiders!
I said to my doc recently that I'm fascinated and sometimes can't sleep because I don't want to miss the guy or I can't sleep because he's arrived!
He laughed and said only you could get a little guy I've never heard of anything like it. How do you know he's a guy though?
No heels.
Tonight though it's the fucking itchy tip of my nose that's keeping me from sleep.
I've nearly drawn blood!
I've discovered I can usually get relief from nothing other than than a towel... rub the tip of my nose with a towel.
Now it's put Vix on it and that's working well but by the time I've dealt with my nose and the little guy I'm fucking wide awake!
I told the doc I was going to try and befriend the little guy make it a little more interesting he said he's looking forward to the next installment.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby drum » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 am

Sounds horrendous Jack, I hope you did manage some sleep in the end.
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cill Mheàrnaig, Scotland

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby common sense » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 am

May I ask you a question Jack? Did you sleep in the day yesterday? Am asking cos you mentioned you slept, was it 11 to 3 one day last week, went back to bed. Am pretty sure it was you! You see I have a midday sleep so can't sleep too well at night then.
User avatar
common sense
 
Posts: 4039
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby drum » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:21 am

common sense wrote:May I ask you a question Jack? Did you sleep in the day yesterday? Am asking cos you mentioned you slept, was it 11 to 3 one day last week, went back to bed. Am pretty sure it was you! You see I have a midday sleep so can't sleep too well at night then.


I'd love a mid day sleep. I get 2 solid hours a night with a sleeping tablet then doze in and out, not awake but not asleep, i'm always aware of what's going on around me. Used to send me crazy but used to it now. Without the tablet I dont sleep at all. :bawlin:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cill Mheàrnaig, Scotland

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:19 am

common sense wrote:May I ask you a question Jack? Did you sleep in the day yesterday? Am asking cos you mentioned you slept, was it 11 to 3 one day last week, went back to bed. Am pretty sure it was you! You see I have a midday sleep so can't sleep too well at night then.

Yeah I think I got about two hours yesterday and do sometimes have to go to bed in the daytime.
Finally got about four hours kip which was about my average before these problems.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Gabby » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:27 pm

Your condition must be affecting nerve endings in your face ?.... are you on any meds to help?
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 24567
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Major » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Shooting/drinking EXCESS morphine will keep you awake Rolly.

Do not sleep in the daytime.

Ensure regular toilet habits

Drink plenty of water, not too much coffee/tea
Stay off really greasy/fatty food

Keep your feet in good shape

Spend less time fantasizing over your mate, Major

Shower/shave every night just before bed and ensure clean sheets /pillowcases EVERY night

Maybe something to do with a illness Rolly, do not listen to forum aerosols and sea a quack NOW. I would really miss you, honest

Get up, go and sit in your own fav chair and look at you computer, you will eventual get tired and go back to bed and sleep.

Get well sune.

Rupert
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 5537
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Gabby » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Major wrote:Shooting/drinking EXCESS morphine will keep you awake Rolly.

Do not sleep in the daytime.

Ensure regular toilet habits

Drink plenty of water, not too much coffee/tea
Stay off really greasy/fatty food

Keep your feet in good shape

Spend less time fantasizing over your mate, Major

Shower/shave every night just before bed and ensure clean sheets /pillowcases EVERY night

Maybe something to do with a illness Rolly, do not listen to forum aerosols and sea a quack NOW. I would really miss you, honest

Get up, go and sit in your own fav chair and look at you computer, you will eventual get tired and go back to bed and sleep.

Get well sune.

Rupert


That post made me LOL :laughing: .... shouldn’t it be shower/shit/shave though? :NAA:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 24567
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Major » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Gabby, go to the norty step

I luv a gaff,
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 5537
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm knackered but no sleep.
I keep having a very itchy nose right on the tip and it happens quite often along with a little guy walking across my face.
As many of you will know I have benign tumours on my spinal cord that give me pain one day loss of feeling the next.
They have spread to my brain and I have six brain tumours the largest being about the size of my little finger nail.
The little guy walking across my face.
I was told to expect sensations of little things crawling across my face usually when laying down trying to sleep.
A spider or three.
A centipede an earwig.
Not looking forward to that I thinks but what do I get a two footed creature.
Walks from my right ear across my cheek bone to my nose and then back again.
Gotta be better than spiders!
I said to my doc recently that I'm fascinated and sometimes can't sleep because I don't want to miss the guy or I can't sleep because he's arrived!
He laughed and said only you could get a little guy I've never heard of anything like it. How do you know he's a guy though?
No heels.
Tonight though it's the fucking itchy tip of my nose that's keeping me from sleep.
I've nearly drawn blood!
I've discovered I can usually get relief from nothing other than than a towel... rub the tip of my nose with a towel.
Now it's put Vix on it and that's working well but by the time I've dealt with my nose and the little guy I'm fucking wide awake!
I told the doc I was going to try and befriend the little guy make it a little more interesting he said he's looking forward to the next installment.


I'd say try to freeze it but it sounds similar to phantom limb syndrome that some amputees get. Have you tried THC to treat it?
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 108915
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Waiting for the great leap forwards

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Gabby wrote:Your condition must be affecting nerve endings in your face ?.... are you on any meds to help?

Tegretol and Gabapentin.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:36 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm knackered but no sleep.
I keep having a very itchy nose right on the tip and it happens quite often along with a little guy walking across my face.
As many of you will know I have benign tumours on my spinal cord that give me pain one day loss of feeling the next.
They have spread to my brain and I have six brain tumours the largest being about the size of my little finger nail.
The little guy walking across my face.
I was told to expect sensations of little things crawling across my face usually when laying down trying to sleep.
A spider or three.
A centipede an earwig.
Not looking forward to that I thinks but what do I get a two footed creature.
Walks from my right ear across my cheek bone to my nose and then back again.
Gotta be better than spiders!
I said to my doc recently that I'm fascinated and sometimes can't sleep because I don't want to miss the guy or I can't sleep because he's arrived!
He laughed and said only you could get a little guy I've never heard of anything like it. How do you know he's a guy though?
No heels.
Tonight though it's the fucking itchy tip of my nose that's keeping me from sleep.
I've nearly drawn blood!
I've discovered I can usually get relief from nothing other than than a towel... rub the tip of my nose with a towel.
Now it's put Vix on it and that's working well but by the time I've dealt with my nose and the little guy I'm fucking wide awake!
I told the doc I was going to try and befriend the little guy make it a little more interesting he said he's looking forward to the next installment.


I'd say try to freeze it but it sounds similar to phantom limb syndrome that some amputees get. Have you tried THC to treat it?

Yeah I was warned I'd get these feelings and yeah I've tried a spliff or two but don't like the stuff much anymore and it didn't help with the sleep just got me stoned.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yeah I was warned I'd get these feelings and yeah I've tried a spliff or two but don't like the stuff much anymore and it didn't help with the sleep just got me stoned.


CBT oil? What the fuck do I know? :dunno:

I'm feeling angry for you Jack, I don't want you to go through this.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 108915
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Waiting for the great leap forwards

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:20 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yeah I was warned I'd get these feelings and yeah I've tried a spliff or two but don't like the stuff much anymore and it didn't help with the sleep just got me stoned.


CBT oil? What the fuck do I know? :dunno:

I'm feeling angry for you Jack, I don't want you to go through this.

Thanks but don't feel angry.
I'm getting close to seventy and it'll be another few years before these slow growing schwannomas are life threatening and they are not in positions where they will affect me cognitively.
I'll be dead and gone before they get me.
More could grow of course in different places so that's why doc is keeping an eye on me for any change in symptoms.
The biggest threat right now is pain in my face but the medication seems to be holding that off.
By the way you meant CBD which I've got but it doesn't seem to do bugger all.
I've stopped using it for a month or more and nothings changed.
Nothing changed when I started using it.
Thanks for your kind thoughts and words though.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Can't sleep.

Postby Gabby » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:48 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yeah I was warned I'd get these feelings and yeah I've tried a spliff or two but don't like the stuff much anymore and it didn't help with the sleep just got me stoned.


CBT oil? What the fuck do I know? :dunno:

I'm feeling angry for you Jack, I don't want you to go through this.

Thanks but don't feel angry.
I'm getting close to seventy and it'll be another few years before these slow growing schwannomas are life threatening and they are not in positions where they will affect me cognitively.
I'll be dead and gone before they get me.
More could grow of course in different places so that's why doc is keeping an eye on me for any change in symptoms.
The biggest threat right now is pain in my face but the medication seems to be holding that off.
By the way you meant CBD which I've got but it doesn't seem to do bugger all.
I've stopped using it for a month or more and nothings changed.
Nothing changed when I started using it.
Thanks for your kind thoughts and words though.


We need you here, you’re going nowhere.... got that? :wubbers:

Speaking of CBD oil.... it’s not the Holland & Barrett weak as piss shite is it?.... there’s better stuff out there :leer: ..... I know of someone that gives it to his elderly dog crippled with arthritis.... can barely move without it, but like a puppy again with it! :kinell:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 24567
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests